by Bill Farmer. Categories: Recipes .
A vegetable soup that’s full of flavour. Make it into a meal with plenty of bread and butter. Enough for two, double the recipe for four.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 125g/4oz potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium leek, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 a fresh chilli, if desired
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 350ml/3/4 pint milk and water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, garlic, carrot, potatoes and leeks. Cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the milk and water and bring to the boil. Season well and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Whizz with a hand blender or in a blender until most of the vegetables have been liquidised, but leave some lumps of vegetables for a more interesting texture.