A vegetable soup with a bit of meat that’s full of flavour. Similar to leek and potato soup recipe. Make it into a meal with plenty of bread and butter. Enough for two, double the recipe for four.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small potato, cubed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 a fresh chilli, if desired
- 1/2 a vegetable stock cube
- Additional vegetables as available: grated carrot, leek, courgette, cabbage, etc
- a few slices of chorizo or other tasty sausage, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the vegetables, sausage and stock cube. Cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften.
- Grind over some black pepper.
- Add the milk and heat gently until it is about to boil. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Whizz with a hand blender or in a blender until most of the vegetables have been liquidised, but leave some lumps of vegetables and sausage for a more interesting texture.