On a holiday staying at the Atlantic Hotel, St Mary’s there seemed to be a different breakfast chef nearly every day. One of them had a novel way of preparing tomatoes for an English breakfast.
- Olive oil
- Take the stems off the tomatoes and place them upside down in a baking tin. They should be stable upside down.
- Cut a cross in the bottom of each one, put a few drops of oil on each one and sprinkle over some oregano. The oregano sticks if you put the oil on first.
- Put the tin in a medium oven and bake until they are done.
- Serve with breakfast, sausages, pork chops or whatever you fancy.
- Draught Hash Brown
- Australian Meatball Wiggleoni
- Green Tomatoes
- Corned Beef Chili
- Coarse Ratatouille